Frequently asked questions
We would like to give you an overview of the most frequently asked questions about the world’s largest spa, and some helpful information for your first stay in our Bavarian South Seas.
What special rates are available? How many visitors come during the school holidays? Can we borrow towels and bathrobes at the spa? Here you will find the answers to your questions and some useful information for your mini holiday at Therme Erding.
Starting from anywhere in the Munich public transport network, you can get to the S2 train and take it to the Altenerding stop, then change to the 550, 560 or 580 bus, which takes you right to THERME ERDING from Monday to Friday. On Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, the 570 runs, but you can also walk the 800 m from the train station to us: the path is signposted.
Our tip: Buy an "MVV-Thermenticket". For just € 34, it provides you with the trip to and from our holiday paradise with public transport and 4 hours of the Tropical Spa area and GALAXY ERDING. You can add the Spa area & Saunas for an extra €13 when you arrive.
In the Spa area & Saunas, you can enjoy more than 90 wellness programmes and "Aufguss" types (where water is poured on the hot stones in the sauna to release the heat and raise the humidity), such as aromatic Aufguss ceremonies, bread-roll baking in the bakery sauna, skin-reviving facial masks and much, much more. And in the Tropical Spa area, the wave pool and in the VitalityOasis, there are water gymnastics and relaxation courses going on regularly throughout the day, and facial masks dispensed. In GALAXY ERDING there are slide championships and regular holiday programmes for the entire family, and the Hotel Victory ensures all sorts of fun and games with its daily programme. These programmes are of course all included in your price of admission.
Can people with handicaps visit Therme Erding?
A dreamy atmosphere, relaxing warmth and fluoride-enriched sulphur-spring water that is wonderfully soothing for bones and joints – people with physical disabilities benefit of all from these qualities. Most of Therme Erding is on the ground floor, making it highly accessible for wheelchairs. There are WCs equipped for the needs of the physically challenged in the foyer and in the Tropical Spa area, and special showers in the communal changing rooms. We also have a special wheelchair available for the showers.
Nonetheless, to really enjoy our facilities, you should be physically mobile enough to be able to take a few steps into the pools alone or with a little help from our staff. We will be happy to help you where we can, but we do not have water lifts at Therme Erding.
Are there discounts for the physically disabled or their caregivers?
We cannot offer a discount for physically challenged people, but if you are older than 4 years and have the classification for a caregiver on your disabled person's card, that person enjoys free admission. The caregiver must be of full legal age.
Can handicapped people visit GALAXY ERDING?
We welcome all guests to GALAXY ERDING. All 17 slides on our FAMILY and ACTION levels can be used by people with disabilities. We do, however, recommend not using the X-TREME level slides, as they are designed for very athletic slide fans. In the foyer and throughout the Tropical Spa area (access to the Tropical Spa area is included in the GALAXY admission price) there are WCs equipped for the needs of the physically challenged, and special showers in the communal changing rooms. We also have a special wheelchair available for the showers. We will be happy to assist you, but you should be physically mobile enough to be able to get onto the slides by yourself or with a little help from our GALAXY CREW; there are no special lifts for this purpose in GALAXY ERDING.
On the premises of Therme Erding we offer you the possibility to charge electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids during your visit. The charging stations provided for this purpose are located in our parking garage (parking deck1; ground floor). There are 3 charging stations with 6 charging areas for electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids available for you. These are operated by Stadtwerke Erding under the ladenetz.de network.
Charging works via:
- a charging card (an RFID card), which allows access to the charging points by holding it in front of the fuel pump. It is the optimal access medium for regular charging processes and is issued by many partners. The prices for refuelling vary depending on the contract concluded by the owner of the e-charging card.
- the smartphone via the QR code. Here you can find further instructions and the payment service PayPal.
The responsible staff at Stadtwerke Erding will be happy to help you with any questions or problems regarding the charging stations.
Are there discounts for children / school pupils / students / seniors or a family card?
We have combined all the discount groups and offer special admission prices that can be used by them all. People with a severe disability can also take one caregiver with them into Therme Erding for free.
We offer the following special discounts at Therme Erding:
- Children up to the age of 3 years enjoy free admission to the Tropical Spa area and GALAXY ERDING.
- Groups of 20 people or more get a 10% discount on the base tariffs. Weekend and holiday surcharges are not discountable.
- Seniors, and in the school holidays students and school pupils, can make use of our Early Swimmer tariff.
- Regular visitors to THERME ERDING and many families benefit from the ThermenCard, which gains them up to 12% discount. If you then add the special Early Swimmer price of admission to that, you save double!
- We also have family specials.
- The Monday Night tariff gives you a relaxing evening at a reduced price.
- Every Tuesday from 2 pm is Ladies Special time in our Spa area & Saunas. (Gentlemen are also welcome, but the reduced price of admission is only for ladies.)
Are there discounts for handicapped people or their caregivers?
We cannot offer a discount for physically challenged people, but if you have the classification for a caregiver on your disabled person's card, that person enjoys free admission.
Here are some helpful tips for your visit to Therme Erding, to ensure you have thought of everything and can enjoy a relaxed holiday feeling from the very first moment :
In your bag:
- Make sure you take enough towels with you. And if you are intending to use the saunas, make sure they are large enough. You can of course also rent out towels and bathrobes for a small fee and security deposit.
- And don't forget shower gel, shampoo, deodorant, a hairbrush and perhaps body lotion.
- Some people like to use bathing shoes, because even on a clean and disinfected floor, you never know who walked across it just before you. Make sure you can clearly identify your bathing shoes as your own.
- Parking is free at Therme Erding.
- You won't require any cash at Therme Erding. If you buy food or drinks, have a massage, use a sun bed or enter other areas, this will be booked onto the round chip which is also your locker key. You then pay for these additional services using your EC card or cash when you leave. You will only need a €2 coin if you wish to use our safes for your valuables.
- There are free safes available in the entrance foyer and by the Spa area & Saunas for jewellery and other valuables. They merely require a €2 coin as a deposit.
- Please always wear your key on your wrist to avoid inconvenience. Losing it is annoying for you, costs time and €45! Keep your admission receipt and remember the number of your locker, just in case you do lose your key.
- As a visitor to the Tropical Spa area, you can enter the VitalityOasis or go to the Spa area & Saunas at any time by passing through the turnstiles next to the VitalTeam Info Point. If you enter the VitalityOasis, €7 will be booked to your chip, and €13 for the Spa area & Saunas. You can then go there as often as you want that day. Please note that the minimum age for these areas is 16 years. The Spa area & Saunas are all naturist – i.e. only for use without a bathing costume.
- For those who prefer to keep their bathing suits on in the sauna, the three "textile saunas" in the VitalityOasis are a fantastic experience. For children there is a steam bath, the Flower Petal Pavilion and the Crystal Salt Room in the Tropical Spa area.
With this guide, there are no obstacles to perfectly relaxed hours in the healing mineral springs of Therme Erding! We look forward to welcoming you.
Our holiday paradises offer a wide range of culinary delights. Under the item Culinary you can have a look at the gastronomy offers and their menus in advance.
It is not desired that you bring an assortment of food (a drink and a small snack like e.g. a piece of fruit per person is obligingly tolerated)! We communicate this in our house rules and our flyer Paradise Rules, which you receive at check-in.
Our reception and bathing staff are also required to inform you politely of our compliance with our rules. Glass containers of all kinds may be kept by our staff, cool bags brought along or whole picnic baskets must remain closed during your stay. On the one hand, because the Therme Erding offers a varied range of food and beverages suitable for every budget, and on the other hand for reasons of cleanliness and safety: We avoid picnic tracks such as waste, crumbs and broken glass on the floor.
We generally expect more visitors during the Bavarian school holidays than outside these periods. We have put together some tips for making your visit during the school holidays as enjoyable as possible:
Preparing and travelling to Therme Erding:
- You can find out in advance by telephone or on our Facebook page how many guests we are expecting on a given day: 08122 - 550 – 2001.
- We recommend that families come when we open at 9 am. For those looking to relax in more peace and quiet, we recommend the evening hours after 6 pm.
- GALAXY ERDING is open from 9 am to 11 pm during the Bavarian school holidays. Please take note of our special opening hours.
- We recommend that you use public transport to get to Therme Erding.
- If you are from the area or not dependent on coming during the holidays, we recommend Therme Erding outside the holiday periods, as the visitor numbers are lower then.
- We recommend that you agree on a meeting point with your friends and family when you enter the Tropical Spa area.
- You can rent towels for €4 and €15 security deposit and bathrobes for €6 and €30 deposit at the admission counter.
More information for your visit:
- You can obtain vouchers online or at the counters of Therme Erding.
- If you lose something during your visit to Therme Erding, note the date of your visit, and the next time you come, ask at the admission counter if it has been found. You can also ask about lost items at the telephone numbers: +49 (0) 8122-550-2001 and -2002.
- You can choose between more than six restaurants, snack stands, bars and ice-cream parlours throughout Therme Erding.
- We regret that we cannot reserve tables for you, even if you have a voucher.
- If you have booked a massage and do not want to attend Therme Erding, report to the admission counter of the Spa area & Saunas or the information desk in the Galleria.
Lost items are dried, entered into our Lost-and-Found book along with the date and place of finding, and kept for several months before being given to charity. If you are missing something after a visit to Therme Erding, make a note of the date of your visit, and the next time you come, ask at the admission counter if it has been found. You can also ask about lost items at the telephone numbers: +49 (0) 8122-550-2001 and -2002.
Well acknowledged studies have shown that foot disinfection devices to not provide the foot hygiene people expect. One major problem with them is that at least 25 minutes are needed for the disinfectant to soak in or dry before it becomes effective. For this reason, we have decided not to install such devices, and instead to clean all floors with disinfectant several times a day. To ensure optimum foot hygiene, we recommend that you wear bathing shoes and dry your feet well before getting dressed, and that you use a high-fat skin cream on your feet.
We can only offer children free admission to GALAXY ERDING and the Tropical Spa area up until their 15th birthday, and only upon presentation of their ID card with date of birth. All other guests get an extra hour for free on their birthday (again upon presentation of their ID card). Members of the GALAXY KIDS CLUB (up to 15 years of age) have one day's free admission from 1 week before their birthday and up to 4 weeks after their birthday upon presenting the birthday letter we send them. Here you will find everything you need to know about children's birthdays in GALAXY ERDING.
How many people are needed to get a group discount?
A 10% group discount on the normal tariff is offered for groups of 20 people or more. (We regret that we cannot make any exceptions here with regard to the number of people or the amount of the discount.)
What is a "base tariff"?
The base tariff includes all the standard prices. These do not include the weekend and holiday surcharge, specials or the MVV-Thermenticket for public transport.
Does the bus driver or tour organiser have free admission?
Bus drivers bathe for free with us, and they can also enjoy a free coffee in our restaurant in GALAXY ERDING. One accompanying person per 25 guests also enjoys free admission.
I would like to stay overnight in Erding with my travel group – where can I get information on accommodation?
Stay overnight in our Hotel Victory Therme Erding, the perfekt place to discover Therme Erding.
You will find information about our partner hotels on our website under Partner Hotels. You can also gain further information from the Erding Tourist Association regarding other places to stay and attractions: www.erding-tourist.de
How do I register my group?
The group registration form is available as a download on our Group Offers page. There you will find all the prices and all the information we require from you. Fill in the data and return the registration form to us at least 3 working days before your planned visit: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 08122-550-1119.
What if we don't know exactly how many people will be in the group?
We have to receive the registration at least 3 days before your visit. It does not pose a problem if the size of your group changes between your registration and your visit. We would then simply ask you to inform our admission staff when you arrive. If the group becomes larger than the group registered in advance, you may possibly not be able to all have your changing rooms in the same area.
Does advance registration guarantee the group's admission?
We do our best to enable everyone to visit Therme Erding, but we hope you will understand that the number of visitors we can accommodate at one time is limited. For this reason, please register in good time, so that we can guarantee you admission. If the group allotment is exhausted on the day you wish to visit, we will not be able to offer you a reservation.
How do I pay?
You can pay with cash or an EC card. Companies and clubs also have the option of being invoiced, if they let us know in advance. You pay the admission fee for the group in one amount when you arrive. All of the services and other purchases (food, drinks, solarium, etc.) are booked to a transponder in the key chip, and you or the individual members of the group pay for them when you leave Therme Erding.
I have a ThermenCARD. Can I pay the group's admission with it?
Unfortunately not, as the ThermenCard is already a discount card. You can, however, pay for the additional foods, drinks, services, etc. with it.
What does the group leader have to do upon entering Therme Erding?
Go to our Guest Relations counter and report the arrival of your group. If the counter is not staffed when you come, refer to our reception personnel. You will have to know exactly how many adults your group has and how many people under the age of 16. You will then be provided with the corresponding number of transponders programmed with the requested admission rights. Our reception staff will compile a joint account for the group on this basis.
Where do I park my bus at Therme Erding and where do I then go with my group?
We have special bus parking spaces. Just follow the signs. When you arrive in the foyer, report to Guest Relations. They will refer you to the right admission counter to ensure a fast check-in.
Is there a minimum age at Therme Erding?
No. Kindergarten groups are also welcome. Each group can decide the number of caregivers it needs. Children under 3 enjoy free admission. The duty of supervision in Therme Erding lies with the group itself or its caregivers and not with THERME ERDING – even though we of course have lifeguards and helpers on duty.
Can you also organise our bus transport or pick me up from home?
Unfortunately, Therme Erding cannot organise bus trips. Please refer to a bus company for this purpose.
Voucher orders cannot be accepted by telephone. You have the possibility to order vouchers directly in our online shop or by fax (+49 (0) 8122 - 550 - 2559). Our vouchers will be sent to you within 2-5 working days. Per order or per delivery and invoice address we charge 4.50 Euro shipping costs. Free shipping for orders over 150 €. This does not apply to DHL Express deliveries.
By the way: All orders are encrypted with SSL and your data will not be passed on to third parties. Data protection is our top priority. As an alternative, we also offer you the possibility of ordering a selection of vouchers from our Print@Home range directly via our homepage. You can download the purchased vouchers after the order process, print them out in colour or black and white on A4 paper at home and redeem them at our cash desk on your next visit. The service fee for Print@Home is 1.90 Euro.
Forgotten your towel or bathrobe? No problem - You can rent towels for €4 and €15 security deposit and bathrobes for €6 and €30 deposit at the Therme Erding admission counter.
There are kennels near Therme Erding at the "Tierpension Riffenthal". This family enterprise has been looking after cats, dogs and other small animals for 40 years now and they ensure a caring and loving holiday paradise in an idyllic landscape for all their guest animals.
Go to the website of Tierpension Riffenthal.
You are searching for a place where you can leave your dog for a view hours? We recommend the Hundeschule Torfland. They offer an exclusive care service for guests of the Therme Erding.
Is the spring water at Therme Erding medicinal?
Yes! Many of our guests can already attest to this from their own experience. With its warmth, our spring water loosens tense muscles, and with its high concentration of sulphur it has a positive effect on disorders of the musculoskeletal system, on osteoporosis and in the recovery phase of, e.g. operations on joints. The Ministry for the Environment recognised our water as medicinal water in August 2003. The official title is: "Fluoridhaltige Schwefel-Therme", which translates unofficially as "sulphuric spa water containing fluoride".
The medicinal water of Therme Erding
Therme Erding is fed by the warm, fluoride and sulphur-rich "Ardeo Spring", which the Bavarian Ministry for the Environment has acknowledged as a medicinal spring. The sulphur content of the spring water at Therme Erding exceeds the value required to be state certified as a sulphuric medicinal spring, and it is particularly beneficial in treating disorders of the musculoskeletal system, osteoporosis and in the recovery phase of operations on joints.
For this reason, the Ministry for the Environment rates the spring water as "valuable and worthy of protection for the public".
One litre of our medicinal spring water contains:
|ALUMINIUM||0,03||DISSOLVED GASEOUS MATERIAL|
|AMMONIUM||1,23||FREE CARBON DIOXIDE||44,26|
Can I take my baby with me into Therme Erding and what regulations do I have to observe if I do?
Babies are of course also welcome. Please do remember to put a swim nappy on your child. We hope you will understand that babies, children and young people cannot be admitted into the Spa area & Saunas or the VitalityOasis, as these areas have a minimum age of 16 years. If you wish to enjoy a relaxed day in the sauna with the entire family including young ones, we recommend the Family Saturday that our partner Therme in Bad Wörishofen offers from 9 am to 6 pm every weekend.
There are no concerns for children related to our spring water. The children's pool is even filled with normal fresh water. We do, however, advise against taking children into the mineral pools (Sulphur Pot, Salt Grotto, Fountain of Youth, Bubbling Spring and Vitality Spring), as the concentration of minerals in the waters there is too high for children. You can take your pram or stroller with you into the Tropical Spa area. We will provide you with special hygienic covers for the wheels. You can also borrow a stroller from us for free, for a security deposit of €20 (limited number available).
Do you offer child discounts?
Children below 3 years of age enjoy free admission to Therme Erding. We have also created the opportunity with our Early Swimmer prices on Saturday and our GALAXY Monday to visit Therme Erding, the Tropical Spa area and GALAXY ERDING with your children at a reduced price.
Can I take my baby with me into GALAXY ERDING and what regulations do I have to observe if I do?
We of course also welcome the little ones. Please do remember to put a swim nappy on your child, then there is no stopping your family outing. Our children's slides Moon Slide, Sunny Slide, Star Slide, Triple Slide and Good Vibration are great for children over 3 years of age. Our Rainbow Slide and the Elephant Slide are perfect for younger infants. You can take your pram or stroller with you to the slides and into the Tropical Spa area. We will provide you with special hygienic covers for the wheels. You can also borrow a stroller from us for free, for a security deposit of €20.
Can children enter GALAXY ERDING without parental supervision?
Children over 12 can slide in GALAXY ERDING and visit the Tropical Spa area without supervision. Children under 12 require adult supervision.
It is not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages with you! Our staff at the admission counter and the personnel in the various areas are instructed to inform you that you mustn't take alcohol into the pools, and to confiscate any alcohol that you do. Keeping your health in mind, we are happy to sell you up to three alcoholic beverages in the first five hours of your stay, and one more after five hours. As are all other recreational facilities, we are obliged to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests, and controlling alcohol intake is part of this.
Do you have any more questions?
If you have not found an answer to your questions here, you can also contact the Therme Erding team directly by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone on 08122 - 550 - 0 (Mon - Sun 9am - 6pm). Alternatively, you can also write us a message on Facebook.
Do I have to make an appointment for a massage or cosmetic treatment?
We recommend that you book your desired date for a relaxed stay:
Massage & Beauty (in the Spa area & Saunas)
Massage Oasis (in the Tropical Spa area)
Palazzo Massage & Spa (at the wave pool)
More information about our massage and beauty treatments can be found here.
We have 600 outdoor parking spaces and 1050 in the parking building for our guests. There are also free parking spaces for motor homes – but only for visiting Therme Erding and without electricity or waste disposal. Buying admission gives you the right to use one of the free parking spaces for one night. Alternatively, you can also visit the "Wohnmobilpark Erding" caravan park. It also offers you all the facilities you need for your mobile home.
More information on how to get there, parking and refuelling with electric vehicles can be found here.
By law, smoking is only allowed in the designated areas at Therme Erding. In the Spa area & Saunas, our smoking points are next to the saunas by the lake and the "Kelohaus" Finnish sauna. In the Vitality Garden, smoking is forbidden. The smoking point in the Vitality Oasis is located in the Bali Garden. In the Tropical Spa area and in GALAXY ERDING, there is a smoking point between the two areas.
Please wear your locker key securely on your wrist! If you lose your key, please report the loss immediately to our staff at admission or in the area you are in. The key will then be deactivated so that no one can charge food, massages or any other costs to it.
If your key is not found by closing time, we have to charge the costs booked to it and €45 for a new key and transponder, changing the lock, etc. This is very time consuming and bothersome for all those involved, so please take good care of your key and check that the clasp is secure before and after going on the slides or using the showers.
There is no reason not to come to Therme Erding during your pregnancy. However, to rule out any potential problems, please consult your doctor in advance.
Use the healing spring water during your pregnancy. The buoyancy of the water also takes pressure off overtaxed joints, vertebrae and intervertebral disks. It also tautens up connective tissue and reduces varicose veins and cellulite.
Nonetheless, you should observe the following:
- Avoid high temperatures and rapid changes of temperature because this is strenuous for your circulatory system
- Change your bathing suit after swimming
- Use special pregnancy tampons to prevent vaginal infections
- Exercise in water is only recommended up until the 36th week of pregnancy
- Avoid swimming breaststroke where possible
- Do not use the Whirlpools
- The healing spring water should not be warmer than 35 degrees Celsius
There is no reason not to enter a sauna during your pregnancy, as long as you visited saunas before your pregnancy as well.
Positive effects of going to a sauna:
- Strengthened immune system
- Activated immune cells
- Relaxed muscles
- Easier and shorter labour
- Less fluid retention in the bodily tissue, and hence no swollen hands or legs
- Detoxification of the body
- Less risk of thrombosis
What you should not forget, however:
- You should not attend the Singing Bowl Aufguss in the Meditation Sauna by the lake in the first three months of your pregnancy
- Do not go higher than the middle bench in the sauna
- Do not stay in the sauna for more than 10 - 12 minutes at a time
- The temperature in the sauna should be between 50 and 60 degrees Celsius
- Two sauna sessions are enough
- Take a warm footbath before your second session, to stimulate your circulation
- After leaving the sauna, first spray cold water on your legs and arms, and then your back and stomach
- A Finnish sauna is preferable to a steam bath
You can obtain information about the town of Erding at the Guest Relations desk in the foyer of Therme Erding. Here you can find out about the town and surrounding region, the tourist sights and events in the area. We will also be happy to answer any questions you have about your stay. Just call 08122-558488 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the temperatures in Therme Erding?
The average air temperature in THERME ERDING is 28°C.
Spa area & Saunas:
In the large VitalPool, both outdoor pools and the Meditation Pool, the water is a pleasant 34°C. The Canal Grande is kept at 24-26°C. The temperatures in the more than 27 different saunas range from just 38°C in the Tepidarium up to 100°C in the "Erdinger Schwitzstube" – so we have something for everyone.
Tropical Spa area and VitalityOasis:
Enjoy the soothing combination of medicinal spring water and South Sea temperatures: the indoor and outdoor pools in the Tropical Spa area, the Vitality Pool in the VitalityOasis and the children's pool, the temperature is kept at 34°C. In the Salt Grotto and the Vitality Spring the water temperature is 35°C, and in the Bubbling Spring 36°C. In the three Health Pools of the VitalityOasis (Calcium Pool, Selenium-Iodine Pool and Mineral Pool), temperatures between 34 and 36°C await you. In the Fountain of Youth and the Whirlpool, the water is a cosy 38°C, and in the Sulphur Pools outside it is 40-43°C.
The water is 30°C in the slides and the catchment pools.
Our ThermenCard Classic (cost €185 for a value of €200), Silver (cost €450 for a value of €500) and Gold (cost €880 for a value of €1000) offers unlimited use and is transferable. That means several people can use the one Thermencard. Find out more about our cards in our online shop.
Why is admission more expensive on weekends and holidays?
Our admission prices vary so that we can offer all of our guests the same high level of quality. The less our patron numbers fluctuate, the more time we have for you! That is why we reduce the prices on working days, and are happy to welcome those guests then who are not bound to work-free days.